, ,

#ealmondaymakes it's time to sew!

3:56 AM

Welcome back to another great week here at #eal and thank you so much to our followers old and new for all the positive feedback on our new blog!!

Aideen here to start off our #ealmondaymakes post and I had to talk about sewing-it is definitely on my goal list for this year to do some sewing classes (maybe in September when both my kiddies will be at school and I won't know what to do with myself...) I have started a board on my Pinterest page called "One day I will learn to sew *goal 2014*". If you Pinterest and have any fun sewing boards let me know or send pins to me I would love to see them.

So I have seen some fun classes advertised at the Quilt shop Tuam:


The quilt shop Tuam posted this photo on their Facebook page yesterday-I NEED to go and have a look at all this gorgeousness in person!!

Recently I needed to order a particular piece of fabric and I found it on Hawthorne threads website so while I was there I also subscribed to their newsletter and I have to say their newsletter and fabric inspiration boards are amazing.... they also have a Pinterest page if you like to pin.


And this baby coat was featured on their facebook-how gorgeous is this!!


Emily is already an amazing sewing lady and has sent me some CUTE pieces already-I am so lucky so I know she will have some fun stuff to share.


___________________


OH MY... ;) Thank you Aideen for such a lovely introduction!  Good morning lovelies Emily here now for my little #ealmondaymakes share. As some of you already know I am just about as crazy for fabric as I am for patterned paper! I am pretty much 100% self taught when it comes to sewing and quilting. Though I do have to say YouTube and numerous crafty blogs have been invaluable resources over the years. I will be sure to share all of my faves in upcoming #ealmondaymakes posts, but today I wanted to share a bit of quilty inspiration for the summer! 

I put together this little mood board with some quilt trends that I am loving right now. I think the large simple geometrics like these triangle quilts are so clean and fresh… and not to mention SIMPLE! So if you are just starting out like Aideen, or are a fairly confident quilter like myself these are all around fun and easy quilts to whip up. 

I also snagged the Chevron assembly image from one of my pinterest boards, since it is a fun way to use the good ol' half square triangle ;) I think one of my favorite parts about working on more modern designs like the ones below, is the opportunity it gives you to really play with color and make a bold statement with the design… no matter how simple! 

Teal / grey / yellow triangles inspiration: http://seesawdesigns.blogspot.com
Chevron assembly: http://sewcaroline.com
Bold triangle quilt on vintage ladder: http://craftyblossom.blogspot.com
Modern triangles: http://seekatesew.com

Don't forget to enter our little giveaway if you haven't already! DETAILS HERE
Thanks for stopping by ! 


Emily & Aideen x





You Might Also Like

0 comments