, , , , , , ,

#ealwantitwednesday Patterns - A lovely Little Ruffled Apron

4:12 AM

Hello Lovelies,

Emily here today with a #ealsewingshare ! I thought it might be a fun little installment to add, since I have been making a real effort lately to start working my way through at least some of my current fabric stash! I don’t by any means have a HUGE hoard of fabric, but over the past two years I have definitely accumulated quite a collection. After doing a recent craft room clean up, it sort of just hit me… I need to start making some stuff with all this lovely fabric I have been collecting. So I had a little conversation with myself (is that weird?) Hope I’m not freaking anyone out, lol, but anywhooo -- I said, “Emily, unless you start making some projects with all this fabric you seriously need to stop buying more fabric. On top of that, you have a brand new sewing machine that you REALLY NEED to use more!”  So, the outcome of this little conversation with myself is that for the next month or so I am going on a little fabric spending freeze, and I'm going to try and work my way through some of the beautiful stash that I already have. I think it's so easy to fall in love with all the latest and greatest collections and forget all the lovely bits you have hiding out on your shelf already.

So, the reason why I am sharing this little “ah-ha” moment with you is, in my effort to use my stash, I have been on the hunt for pattern and project ideas. Through my searching I came across this fab little Etsy shop called "I Make It You Make It."

“I Make It; You Make It" features sewing patterns for fun, fashionable accessories,things like vintage-inspired turbans, men's bowties, unique wallets, detachable peter pan collars and more!”

The shop owner, Stefanie Fail, has a nice selection of lovely vintage inspired patterns, so you are sure to find something that strikes your fancy.  Over the weekend, I used her Reversible Ruffle Apron pattern to make the apron pictured above!  Isn’t it adorable? The fabric just screamed apron to me. This pattern is very well written and super easy to follow. The pattern comes as an Etsy instant download (.pdf ) complete with loads of full color images to clarify the instructions. You also receive an additional pdf explaining how to make pockets.  Though I didn’t include any on this first apron, it’s a handy little tutorial to have. I think the project took me a total of 2 hrs. to put together, with a little break in there, so it whipped up super fast!  I actually picked up two more of her patterns the other day and am in the process of trying them out.  If you are interested, I can certainly share a review of those patterns as well, along with my makes! 

Be sure to stop by Stefanie's Shop to see all of her vintage inspired patterns!

Emily x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ooh, I love it! It turned out really well. I love your mixed-prints fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete